Robert Half Staff Accountant in Emeryville, California
Build your career in accounting with Robert Half, now offering a permanent position in the Financial Services industry for an experienced Staff Accountant that has a knack for problem-solving and enjoys new challenges. As a Staff Accountant, you will be in charge of preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will lend your skills to developing and implementing accounting policies. Also, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This position is very complex as it plays a part in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Located in the Emeryville, California area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
What you get to do every single day
· Prepare journal entries, maintain financial records, and prepare account analysis and reconciliations.
· Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements for internal/external reporting; financial statements tie-out and accounts analysis.
· Prepare flux analysis and research accounting questions.
· Prepare schedules and respond to the requests from external and internal auditors.
· Provide support to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Model Audit Rule 205 (MAR 205) documentation.
· Perform ad-hoc responsibilities, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field (accounting, finance or economics) or equivalent work experience.
· One to three years of general ledger experience is preferred, but not required. Public company or public accounting experience is also preferred, but not required.
· Experience with enterprise/GL systems.
· Skill in written and verbal communication.
· Must possess attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
· Organized with ability to manage financial processes and the capacity to implement control procedures while driving continuous improvement.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.