Robert Half International Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in Encino, California
As a Financial Planning & Analysis Data Manager, you will directly report to the CFO and support the company by using your experience and understanding of financials and data to analyze and prepare information to execute company initiatives and goals. In this role, your understanding of generally accepted accounting principles will be utilized to develop and manage the annual budget process, provide forecasting analysis, prepare variance reports and assist in preparing internal and external financial reporting. You will also support the various teams (marketing, production, fulfillment) in their ecommerce and retail efforts, working closely with them to identify, develop and manage data for the fast-growing operations. The position will be hybrid (partial remote and partial in-office) but willing to consider options.
The successful individual must have strong financial modeling and analysis background, strong aptitude for financial transactional and reporting systems, as well as excellent leadership skills.
Key areas of involvement:
Work with large strategic and financial international investors/shareholders
You will be responsible for providing project improvement solutions while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
• Month end reporting – coordinate the compilation and timely delivery of monthly management reporting
• Financial planning cycle – manage the planning calendar, deliverables, and dates
• Presentation building
• Identify, track and analyze various key performance metrics across the business
• Ad hoc analysis to provide strategic input for teams
• Determine business needs and translate them into finance reporting or data requirements
• Outline and develop planning calendars, goals and deliverables; tracking progress by other team members against the timeline and ensuring deadlines are met
Experience & Technical Skills:
• Strong understanding of GAAP, direct experience developing and managing financial statements
• Experience with Quickbooks, NetSuite, Xero, or other accounting platform a requirement, migration to an accounting platform a plus
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. A CPA, CMA, or MBA is a plus
• Advanced proficiency with SQL, Excel, Powerpoint
• A minimum of three (3) years general accounting or financial accounting experience is required along with financial reporting, month end close, and advanced modeling skills
• Experience with data visualization and presentation, familiar with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Google Data Studio
• Familiarity with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel a plus
• Familiarity with event management tools i.e. Google Tag Manager, Segment a plus
• Experience with Shopify a plus
• Proficiency in managing large datasets, ensuring data integrity and running spec
Financial Modeling, Product Development, Fundraising, SQL, KPI Reporting, Financial Forecast, Variance Analysis
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.