Robert Half International Quality Assurance Specialist in Estero, Florida
Do you have extensive knowledge of automotive repairs? This is the job for you!
This role will be remote but candidates need to be local in Phoenix, AZ! There will be several days of in office training near Sky Harbor Airport and the role will turn into a hybrid WFH/In Office role
Their primary task are to handle/review maintenance repair requests coming from a software program where they typically press the approve/deny buttons with the occasional questions asking why a maintenance repair is necessary. Usually, these are candidates that are close to retirement looking to still utilize their mechanical knowledge when reviewing maintenance repairs or those who are no longer interested in the manual back breaking work.
Vehicle Repair Specialists will be responsible for reviewing each work order for approval, generating an accurate PO, releasing rental system holds once work is complete, ensuring all repair documents are stored properly, and receiving on the POs in Oracle
C. Key-result areas (Major Accountabilities) (What is done and for what purpose)
• Ensure vendors are performing requested repairs at agreed upon pricing. Evaluate additional repair requests for validity and approve as required
• Ensure all P.O.s are completed correctly and assist vendors as necessary to be certain they are paid timely
• Create, improve, and track key vendor productivity & cost metrics to drive efficiencies, and improve OOS and compliance to maintenance program
• Drive process excellence in the areas of preventive maintenance and repair programs and processes to ensure a consistent standardized approach across the region that delivers best in class performance regardless of fleet age.
• Drive customer satisfaction score results related to fleet condition and lead the development of programs designed to increase customer satisfaction associated with vehicle condition
• Optimize the use of company's internal maintenance resources as possible
• Ensure repairs are vended to make most efficient use of vehicle manufacturer warranty programs, including free PMs, warranty work covered by OEM
• Work with Procurement Department to identify cost savings initiatives related to vendors and part purchases.
• Manage vended shops deliverables, ensure capacity to deliver expected OOS results.
• Lead initiatives internally and externally to minimize maintenance costs, reduce processing time, improve fleet availability, improve vehicle quality standards
D. Job dimensions (Authority/Autonomy)
• Control maintenance expenditures, including the control of transportation costs, while maintaining vehicle quality and utilization within industry standards
The Vended maintenance services approver is fully responsible for ensuring the quickest repair of equipment at the highest level of quality and at the lowest cost across their areas.
Technical Certifications, automotive mechanical repair
3 years of previous vehicle maintenance experience
Experience working in cross functional teams
Strong proficiency with vehicle mechanical systems and repair
Automotive vehicle repair background
Computer literate and detail oriented
Manage up and down support chain
Display Global Perspective
Passion for Customer Service & Stakeholder Success
Use Insightful judgment
Trust and Integrity
Agility and Adaptability
Principled leadership – high level of integrity.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.