Robert Half Bookkeeper in Eugene, Oregon
Are you looking to become an indispensable part of an organization’s fiscal fitness? Robert Half is seeking experienced Bookkeepers to assist our clients in the Eugene area. Contact us today to learn more about these roles!
Bookkeepers oversee a company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments. Additionally, many bookkeepers also assist with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and temporary disability insurance and workers’ compensation filings.
· Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
· Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
· Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
· Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
· Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
· Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
· Maintains historical records by filing documents.
· Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Comfortable analyzing Information and reporting research results
· Comfortable dealing with complex financial concepts
· Strong data entry skills
· Accounting experience
· Knowledge regarding SFAS Rules
· Attention to detail
· Degree in accounting, finance, or related field desired
· CPA is a plus
· Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.