Robert Half Medical Biller in Eugene, Oregon
Do you possess knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures as well as knowledge of medical terminology? Robert Half is seeking Medical Billers to assist our clients in the Eugene area. These positions may be located in physician offices, hospitals, nursing homes, or other healthcare facilities.
The medical biller is responsible for submitting medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid. It is a position that is critical for the financial cycle of all health care providers, from single-provider practices through large medical centers. A medical biller is responsible for the timely submission of medical claims to insurance companies.
· Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
· Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
· Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining any missing information.
· Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
· Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
· Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
· Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
· Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
· Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
· Researching and appealing denied claims.
· Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
· Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
· Updating billing software with rate changes.
· Updating cash spreadsheets and running collection reports.
· Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
· Competent use of computer systems, software, and 10 key calculators.
· Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
· Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
· Ability to work well in a team environment. Being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
· Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
· A calm manner and patience working with either patients or insurers during this process.
· Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
· Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
· Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
· Ability to multitask.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.