Robert Half International Mortgage Assistant in Fairfax, Virginia
Our client in the Fairfax area is looking for a Mortgage Assistant. You will be responsible for servicing aspects of the mortgage function including but not limited to processing new loans, collecting conditions, corresponding with loan officers, settlement agents and customers.
Daily responsibilities could include:
• Add mortgage loans to shared mortgage pipeline upon receiving
• Order appraisals, flood certifications, UDM, IRS Transcripts and title work
• Follow up on collecting necessary insurance and any outstanding commitment conditions
• Prepare addendums and any re-disclosures in the required time period
• Review appraisal to ensure compliance with regulations and deliver to borrowers
• Scan and review loan files to electronic filing system
• Correspondence by phone and email with loan officers, settlement agents, appraisers, & insurance agents
• Process and service all loans according to secondary market standards
• Review and process closing packages from settlement agents to verify accuracy and compliance
• Final review of loan files for completion and policy exceptions
• Follow up on outstanding exceptions on closed loans
• Review booked loans from Premier
• Verification of various department balancing as well as verifying accuracy of monthly bills from vendors
• Second review of Adverse Actions
• Other duties as assigned by management to assist in the efficient functioning of the loan operations department
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $14.25 - $16.50 / Hourly
Location: Fairfax, VA
Date Posted: February 22, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04530-0011714222
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative