Robert Half Staff Accountant in FEDERAL WAY, Washington
Robert Half Finance and Accounting is adding Staff Accountants to its Full-Time Engagement Professional team. Staff Accountants will typically prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Certain assignments might include being responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you might participate in SOX compliance, interact with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. Engagements could also include producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
Sample of Typical Responsibilities:
• Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
• Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis for management reporting
• Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
• Assist in implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
• Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
• Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
• In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
• Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
• Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
• Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
• Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
Requirements - BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
General familiarity with Accounts Receivable (AR)
Knowledge of GAAP Accounting
Wide ranging experience with financial reporting
Practical knowledge of month end closings
Proficiency in account reconciliation
Foundational knowledge in Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
Comprehensive knowledge of journal entries
Proven knowledge of account reconciliation
Balance Sheet Reconciliation experience highly desired
Well-founded grasp of Accounts Payable (AP)
Quality experience with Journal Entry Preparation
Strong attention to detail
Ability to handle multiple projects within strict deadlines
Recent and relevant accounting experience
Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
Skilled with ERP systems
Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.