Robert Half International Aloha POS Specialist in FENTON, Missouri
Robert Half Technology is seeking a POS Specialist for a long term opportunity with a client based in Fenton, MO.
The role of the POS Specialist is to provide support for the Support Center team by introducing new more efficient troubleshooting procedures based on knowledge of available tools and resources. Work with team trainer and other subject matter experts to create, update, and modify knowledgebase articles for new and existing technologies. Provide expert support for new or unknown issues escalated from Tier two and channel manager, documenting new troubleshooting steps to be used by other support groups to resolve similar issue in the future.
Essential Job Duties
· First level of escalation regarding issues for defined POS software and hardware within company
· Define and document authoring standards
· Provides subject matter expertise for POS Software and Hardware for Support Center through escalated support cases
· Review knowledgebase documents submitted by team members for accuracy and best practices before being published
· Assist and review training for analysts in the Support Center, make sure that the training program is up to date and accurate
· Build and update images when requested by Sales or agreed upon scope of work with customer
· Responsible for handling Menu Maintenance and large Menu rollouts for Aloha / Micros and/or Brink environments
· Works with Sales and the Project team to develop and scope out requirements for any projects that are requested by the customers to assure quality and time lines are met
· Responsible for developing process for software installations and product upgrades when there is an agreed upon scope of work with customer
· Mentor lower level team members through individual training, monitoring workflow and assisting with best practices
· Work with lower level team members to review Support Center reporting to make sure that Support cases are being handled within SLA and to final resolution
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements
The POS Specialist should be proficient in multiple POS software and hardware types used throughout the industry. They should be able to assist in any troubleshooting steps required within the Support Center. Will need to have open flexibility with their work schedule to accommodate the needs of the customers and the projects they are assigned.
· Prior experience in a technical or customer service role supporting customers remotely
· Advanced experience using a case management system
· Strong work ethic with the desire to contribute to the team beyond your immediate responsibilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, trouble shooting and organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent understanding of how technology supports our customer’s needs to serve their customers
· Excellent trouble shooting skills for hardware and software
· Prior experience in technical role
· The ability to work alone as well as in a team environment
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Customer service experience required (3-4 years)
Previous Help Desk experience preferred (2-3 years)
Excellent technical skill skills
Excellent Trouble-shooting skills
Excellent organizational skills & ability to multitask well.
Excellent oral and written skills
Excellent problem-solving ability
Excellent knowledge of POS environments- Specific to the Aloha environment, Server and Terminal Image Building
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.