Robert Half Database Reliability Engineer in FENTON, Missouri
Robert Half has an opening for a Database Reliability Engineer for an exciting opportunity in the Fenton, Missouri area! This role will be responsible for keeping database systems and services running smoothly 24/7/365. This resource utilizes a blend of database engineering, administration and software development to apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and automation to the data systems at our client.
Help define and execute a comprehensive data reliability and observability strategy. Function as the primary support specialist for data pipelines, databases, deployments, CI/CD, high availability, access & privileges, data warehouses, storage & archival.
Precise expertise in data performance tuning, optimization and recommendations on best practices. Supports deliverables through modelling data, writing & optimizing queries, analyzing logs & access patterns, security & compliance, managing replication topologies, alerts, and monitoring.
Works to resolve service interruption's and participates in root cause analysis post event. Maintains ability to quickly identify trends and issues, recommends possible solutions.
Automates incident resolutions to increase data reliability over time. Bring together technical, procedural, and financial data to reduce toil and increase data efficiency.
Interacts with all personnel levels including senior business leaders. Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships. Coach peers on data reliability practices.
· Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field or 2-3 years equivalent experience in supporting cloud data systems.
· Solid understanding/experience of cloud technology (AWS, GCP)
· Understanding of complex database systems and data pipelines (MSSQL, MySQL, Etc.)
· Ability to interpret data security requirements and apply them to data systems
· Proven track record of optimizing data systems (Query/Execution Plans)
· Experience managing technical systems using infrastructure as code tools (IAM, Terraform, Ansible)
· Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure
· Desire to reduce technical inefficiencies and a commitment to reducing toil
· Familiarity with SRE concepts is a plus including SLO’s, SLI’s and Burn Rates
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.