Robert Half HR Director in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We are seeking a career-minded individual for the position of Director of Human Resources, preferably someone who is looking for long-term growth and potential. In addition to the job description below, candidates must possess strong customer service skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task at a quick pace. Being a team player is a must!
SUMMARY: Oversees all the HR functions within an organization, creating and enforcing HR policies and programs and driving a company’s employee management strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Developing and implementing a company’s policies and programs
• Ensuring that all policies comply with legal regulations
• Overseeing all HR functions and staff
• Maintain biweekly payroll process
• Developing, monitoring, and implementing a company’s people management strategy
• Handle all recruiting decisions
• Managing an HR department’s annual budget
• Reporting on the performance and progress of HR department to CEO
• Directing change management and organizational development
• Assist in other tasks as required
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
• Eight years related experience or equivalent
• Strong communications skills, including the ability to listen to the needs of others
• Strong strategic skills and the ability to act as a visionary for a company
• In-dept knowledge of labor laws and HR practices
• Strong leadership qualities to lead an HR team and fulfil an executive function
• Strong business and financial skills, including financial planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
• Strong morals, ethics, and sound judgement
• The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Must possess willingness to assist where needed to ensure the company meets its goals and objectives on time
• Ability to use computer software to include but not limited to: Microsoft Excel and Word
• Must possess time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
• Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
• Self-motivated, able to multi-task, and detail oriented
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Acute attention to detail
• Must be able to learn procedures quickly and be a team player
Background checks will be completed on all candidates considered for hire.
Requirements ADP Workforce Now, Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, Payroll
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.