Robert Half IT Auditor in Fort Lee, New Jersey
Description POSITION SUMMARY: Provides internal customer support. Effectively troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software problems in a timely manner. Assist in hardware and software evaluations, user training and resolution of both hardware and software problems. Review, analyze, install, configure and test hardware to meet all business standards. Act as backup to the IT Technical Support Analyst in his/her absence.
• Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds.
• Must be able to evaluate computer problems, recommend and implement improvements.
• Must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly using a variety of communications channels such as email, telephone, written documentation, etc.
• Must be able to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Must be able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Must be able to support innovation and the application of technology in continuous process improvements and initiatives.
• Must be able to assist to ensure that the computing environment and workspace is safe.
• Must possess the manual dexterity to repair/troubleshoot hardware and software.
• Must be able to travel if needed within New Jersey (open to it)
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in ensuring that the computing environment, including all hardware, and software, is in good operating condition and able to meet all productivity requirements.
• Assist staff in the installation of new equipment including testing of new units, insertion of chips/boards and cable hook ups, and configuration of hard disks.
• Work with users in the improvement of schedules or the investigation of problems affecting the productivity.
• Employ software, hardware, and reporting tools and resources to achieve all customer satisfaction goals
• Assist users in the implementation and resolution of procedures related to new applications and use of software packages.
• Assist in protecting designated computer programs, databases, and data files from unauthorized or accidental duplication, modification or destruction.
• Assist and instruct users on proper backup procedures.
• Assist in internal and external software training of staff.
• Assist in the purchasing of computer software and hardware.
• Provide oral and written reports to the IT Manager as required. Requirements SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: · BA/BS degree, trade school, or the equivalent. Additional coursework in computer-related areas desirable. · Minimum of one year experience in PC troubleshooting and installation of computer components and software, familiarity with Local Area Network and microcomputer processing, preferably within a nonprofit organization; · Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows Workstation and Server, SharePoint · Planning and organizational skills. · Effective oral and written communication skills in non-DP terms. · Valid driver’Microsoft license and a good driving record · Experience in training users in Experience in telephone technical support · Ability to be flexible, work independently and in a team environment · Ability to work under pressure · Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees and the general public
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.