Robert Half Accounting Manager in FORT MITCHELL, Kentucky
Robert Half is looking for an accounting manager for a growing company in Northern Kentucky. The accounting manager will be responsible for month end close duties and working heavily with external auditors. Below are some details on the accounting manager position. For immediate considerations please contact Jarrod Moon at (859)229-3603.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversee and manage the general accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger.
• Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements of multiple business units.
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Prepare annual budget and quarterly reforecast of multiple business units.
• Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions and provide leadership/mentoring in the growth of the accounting department.
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, and providing ongoing training.
• Work with external CPA firm to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting for year end.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
• 2-3 years of audit experience
• Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Requirements - 5+ years of recent relevant financial experience
Customer service oriented communication skills that allow for pleasant and beneficial interactions with all customers
Month end closings experience preferred
Practical knowledge of general ledger
Year-end Financial Statements experience highly desired
Hands-on experience with Consolidated Financial
Foundational knowledge in Month-end Financial
Good understanding of Monthly Closings
Experience with Journal Entry Preparation
Previous experience working with Accounts Payable (AP)
Financial Statement experience desired
Foundational knowledge in Review Financial Statements
Comprehension of financial statement preparation
Adeptness in general ledger
Financial statements consolidation experience required
Month-end Journal Entries experience highly desired
Strong familiarity with Month-end Close Activities
Solid understanding of bi-Monthly Payroll
Practical knowledge of Monthly Balance Sheet
Prior experience with Consolidated Financial Statements
Proficiency in Monthly Financial Statements
Adeptness in Month-end Reports
Demonstrated knowledge of Monthly Account Reconciliation
Demonstrated knowledge of general ledger
Accounts Receivable (AR) experience highly valued
Background working with Monthly Bank Reconciliation
Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation experience highly preferred
Consolidations experience preferred
General familiarity with general ledger
Earlier work involving Monthly Close Processes
General familiarity with Monthly Accruals
Reliable technology and analytical abilities
CPA or MBA preferred
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.