Robert Half Network Security Administrator in Fort Worth, Texas
Description • Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats
• Researches and develops security solutions in IT networks and systems. Works with security vendors and solution providers to determine the tools and techniques required for those solutions.
• Identify Security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
• Provide technical support in the development, testing, and operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, secure web/email gateways, enterprise anti-virus, and SIEM tools.
• Produce actionable threat analysis and remediation strategies in written and presentation form.
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
• Execute internal and external network attack and penetration tests and application penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments. Provide recommendations for prioritization based upon existing controls.
• Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
• Take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and/or sensitive problems.
• Perform highly complex product evaluations, recommend, and implement products and services for network security. Requirements
CISSP or GIAC GSEC certification required.
Experience supporting Network Security Hardware/Software, to include Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, SIEM, Secure Web/Email Gateways, Anti-Virus and Vulnerability Assessments
Experience in system technology security testing (vulnerability scanning).
Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl, or VB, is required.
A strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies and policies.
Experience maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies.
Experience with penetration tools, post exploitations & forensics tools, and practical knowledge in modern offensive tactics.
An understanding of operating system internals and network protocols.
Familiarity with the principles of cryptography and cryptanalysis.
Experience in application technology security testing (white box, black box and code review).
Ability to work weekends and after business hours.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.