Robert Half International Sr. Software Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
• Leading an avionics software development team in the development of software requirements, architectures, interface control documents, performance specifications, test plans/procedures, and data models.
• Leading the development of software related test requirements to drive systems integration lab and flight test aircraft instrumentation design.
• Leading in the performance of software integration and validation/verification testing of multiple systems operating together in a systems integration/simulation lab, including aircraft/system qualification and certification.
• Coordinating with avionics system suppliers in the software development, integration and testing of displays, flight instruments, communication and navigation systems, sensor and sighting systems, and vehicle management systems.
• Assisting in the creation of system models to include complete traceability from customer requirements to sub-system level avionics software design elements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline required.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline, strongly preferred.
• At least 5-7 years of experience leading and supporting all phases of avionics software development from initial proposal development through successful design, qualification, integration testing, flight test, and production.
• Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems.
o Familiarity with Open Systems Architecture and Protocols (FACE, MOSA).
• Experience with current industry software languages and practices (C/C++/C#, Python, etc).
• Experience with software integration on DO-254 compliant complex electronic hardware.
• Experience with System Engineering (SE) and Configuration Management (CM) processes.
• Experience using test equipment for software design and verification (e.g. network analyzers, data loggers).
• Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, comfort with ambiguity.
• Strong oral and written skills.
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate between engineering teams, suppliers and customers.
• Ability to conduct trade studies.
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Cameo System Modeler tool/SySML modeling language.
• Experience with Flight Test Simulators and Avionics Training devices.
• Experience in military platform software avionics integration.
• Experience with data bus protocols such as ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RS-232 /422/485), Gigabit Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, DDS, TSN.
• Experience with System Safety Assessments and Failure Hazard Analysis.
• Experience with flight control based supervised and unsupervised autonomy software development and implementation.. Description Extra:Shift: 1st Shift
Python Scripting, C Sharp Programming (C#)
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $66.50 - $77.00 / Hourly
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Date Posted: February 22, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04030-0011711849
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT