Robert Half Systems Security Administrator in Fort Worth, Texas
Perform threat hunting and other initiatives as a part of SOC and CSIRT activities.
Technical lead for incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and conduct a technical investigation into the source of the breach to provide mitigation and preventative measures.
Participate in collaborative sessions with other cyber defenders on malicious intrusions, attacks or suspicious activities, as well as share emerging cyber threat intel data.
Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
Researches and develops security solutions in IT networks and systems. Works with security vendors and solution providers to determine the tools and techniques required for those solutions.
Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
Assists with risk assessments and analyzes technical controls for risk treatment options.
Provide technical support in the development, testing, and operation of firewall policies, intrusion prevention systems, secure web/email gateways, EDR/XDR, SIEM and security related tools.
Finding new improvements in the SOC processes and make updates to the SOP’s in the knowledge base.
Apply frameworks like D3FEND, ATT& CK and NIST CSF to everyday security risks. Provide recommendations for prioritization based upon existing controls.
Perform highly complex product evaluations, recommend, and implement products and services for security.
· CISSP, GIAC GSEC, or equivalent certification preferred.
· A desire to learn continuously, and a strong interest in cybersecurity best practices.
· Understands SIEM tools functionality to find attacks, tune out noise, and build security visibility into the environment.
· Experience supporting security software, to include Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, DLP, Secure Web/Email Gateways, IAM/SSO, AV/EDR, and Vulnerability Scanners
· Proficiency in performing vulnerability assessments, and defining treatment strategies.
· Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) is preferred.
· Understanding of various cyber attacks and recent hacking techniques.
· Strong understanding of Operating Systems, Virtualization technologies, Network Devices, Cloud computing concepts, Web Proxies, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Antivirus Systems, Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Assessment tools.
Ability to work weekends and after business hours when needed
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.