Robert Half Procurement Analyst in FREDERICK, Maryland
If you're looking for work as a Procurement Specialist, you might be interested in this position in a very dynamic and high profile area. Are you looking for work with broad business engagement & impact? This Procurement Specialist position with Robert Half will give you a fantastic opportunity to become part of our client's team. The Procurement Specialist position is located in Frederick, Maryland and is on a long-term contract / temporary basis. The Procurement Specialist will perform all duties of a buyer including being responsible for procurement of all material types, including indirect, direct and maintenance, repair and operating supplies (MRO), supporting procurement of services for the site and supporting the supplier relationship management process.
What you get to do every single day
• Supports procurement at the site is performed in accordance with all applicable internal policies and procedures and possesses considerable knowledge of the same.
• Expert negotiator to help negotiate pricing.
• Responsible for spending efficiency and providing general pricing leadership, including identification of less expensive alternatives and other means of cost savings.
• Evaluating and managing delivery schedules to ensure workload levelling and flow.
• Working with customers in all departments to determine specifications and meet procurement needs.
• Support Local Implementation of Category Strategies and supporting Quality Assurance in performance of supplier audits and management of the supplier qualification program.
• Coordinates cross-functionally within Supply Chain Operations and other functions.
• Performs analysis and prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Supports supplier selection and negotiations.
• Monitor key performance metrics and continuously reviews the performance of suppliers with regards to quality, delivery,
vendor reliability and price.
• Ensuring goods and services are properly secured with emphasis on quality, customer service and cost reduction.
1) Expertise in Excel (expert or master)
2) Good Communication skills
3) 1-2 years of procurement experience, Ideally some experience in SAP
4) Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain or Science Degree
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.