Robert Half International GL Accountant in Fremont, California
Jim Park is looking for a GL Accountant.
The Accountant prepares monthly financial statements for a portion of 50 related entities. Responsibilities include validating A/R, A/P and P/R entries for each company and preparing month end financial statements. May handle special accounting projects, pro-formas and assist with budgeting. Excellent Excel skills required.
· Prepare and enter monthly journal entries as required;
· Code all account payables with proper G/L codes and proper posting dates;
· Book payroll journal entries and reconcile payroll related tax filings;
· Reconcile bank statements monthly and on a timely basis;
· Reconcile all balance sheet accounts;
· Responsible for workers’ compensation accruals;
· Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements, assure timely distribution, and report pertinent information or concerns to Office Manager and Controller;
· Monitor timely and accurate billing for equipment and services;
· Review all income statement accounts for accruals and reclassifications. Ensures accurate posting of expenses;
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business-related field;
Strong working knowledge of general ledger, monthly financial statement prep/close, bank reconciliations, income/property tax prep. and fixed assets.
Proficiency in accounting software, preferably Great Plains; they are in the process of upgrading to MS Dynamics 365.
System implementation experience preferred.
Ability to communicate to non-accounting staff and larger clients
Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develop professional internal/external relationships.
Must possess excellent communication skills and relate to people at all levels of an organization.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Fremont, CA
Date Posted: February 24, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04692-0011667509
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance