Robert Half International Senior AP Specialist in Fremont, California
Robert Half is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to assist with the coordination and supervision of the daily operations of our client's Accounts Payable division. In this role, you will correspond with providers, vendors, department managers and staff in order to report on spending trends, balances and other issues of concern. You will also prepare and submit reports for analyzing, projecting, and monitoring expenditure activity related to the established budget priorities. This position supervises staff and will have contact with senior-level executives and other departments. Additional responsibilities may also include:
• Work with other departments and vendors to resolve disputes and discrepancies. This would involve investigating multiple process steps and/or data to arrive at the core problem, bringing resolution to the issue as well as fully communicating to the necessary parties of the final outcome
• Communicate to personnel on open PO items requiring their response and improve processes to ensure items routed outside the AP department are acted upon timely
• Review invoices, expense reports, credit card bills to ensure proper coding, compliance with Company policies and approvals prior to payment
• Collaborate with peers amongst teams to ensure accuracy in overall expense management
• Compile quarterly AP metrics to gauge performance to KPIs
• Assist with monthly closings, by assuring all vouchers are entered by the cut-off, reconciles aged trial balance and processes month end accruals as needed
• Provide accurate and timely statement research and discrepancy resolution
Minimum 5 years of Accounts Payable previous experience highly desired
Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting including terminology
Knowledge of the methods of general report writing
Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of accounting data, to draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations
Knowledge of relevant technical software
Ability to delegate tasks efficiently
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.