Robert Half Payroll Clerk in Fresno, California
Robert Half seeks a Payroll Administrator to help process payroll with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the desire to fill a role in the Construction/Contractor field. Call Taylor Deorian (559) 421-1838 or Jason Lee (559) 421-1832 for more information. This position might be the one for you if you possess dynamic and strong communication skills and problem-solving capabilities. This position is an opportunity for career growth on a dedicated and passionate team. Located in Fresno, California, the Payroll Administrator is a short-term contract / temporary role.
- Provide help with all internal and external audits of payroll
- Protect confidential payroll operation information and maintain employee confidence
- Calculate employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments to establish payroll liabilities
- Able to reconcile employee deductions and other liabilities
- Perform any other duties that arise in the course of normal business operations
- Managing payroll information by keeping proper records for collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Answer questions and requests related to payroll information
- Organize and compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages in order to draft relevant reports
- Payroll record maintenance by tracking changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Resolve payroll discrepancies via information collection and analysis
- Manage and review, including verify, source documents
- Report needed changes after maintaining payroll operations according to established policies and procedure
- Outstanding data entry skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience in payroll
- Certified Payroll Professional designation favored
- Knowledgeable about internal controls
- Dependability in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills in particular
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Prior experience working with collections/accounting software
- Mastery of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Timeslips experience
- Solid understanding of 10 Key Accounting
- Strong familiarity with Workforce Time & Attendance
- Previous experience handling high volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, AP, etc
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.