Robert Half Accounting Assistant in Geneseo, Illinois
A well-established, growing company in the Geneseo Area is hiring an Accounting Assistant to join their team. This person will be mainly responsible for paying all vendors timely, maintaining accounts payable files and issuing customer refunds.
· Review and verify invoices and check requests and ensure timely payments of all invoices.
· Prepare check runs and process expense reports weekly.
· Reconcile the accounts payable and general ledger monthly to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
· Maintain withholding tax records and exemption certificates.
· Prepare and file monthly sales tax reporting
· Refund customers on a timely basis.
· Complete information needed for year-end audit and tax reporting.
· Prepare 1099 reporting annually
· Post Journal Entries daily
Why work for this company:
If you are looking for a family-owned business that truly cares about their employees work/ life balance and provides a fun environment and the opportunity for everyone's voice to count, then this may be the place for you!
Bachelors or AA preferred
2+ years of accounting experience; especially in Accounts Payable
Proficient in Excel
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge
Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Being able to maintain confidentiality
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.