Robert Half Controller (Plant) in Goldsboro, North Carolina
Plant Controller needed for growing manufacturer. The Plant Controller will ensure the overall manufacturing process meet the needs of the organization by directing activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of Company goals. Position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Key facets of the job will be working with the internal operations to provide economic decision support, standing up processes and procedure to manage working capital, business division monthly close support to the corporate controller, and annual external audit support.
Duties will include:
• Partner with the operations team to stand up processes and procedures to manage working capital.
• Learn Inventory Management tool used to manage Inventory & provide system support to the organization.
• Support the Corporate Controller as part of the monthly close process- Represents the business division for all aspects of the standalone, Financial statement.
• Ensure accuracy of the business divisions sku level standard costs (Labor, Material, Overhead per unit)
• Develop & Maintain Excess & Obsolete Inventory reporting
• Provide daily financial/economic decision support analysis- Capital Investments, sku profitability, production/supply planning.
• Partner with the business division president to stand up meaningful KPI reporting to measure business performance.
• Ensure appropriate intercompany eliminations.
• Provide external financial reporting, including working with external audit and tax teams.
• Establish financial policies, practices and procedures for the company in accordance with GAAP.
• Prepare Actual vs. plan (budget) vs prior year analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
• Set-up and maintenance of accounting for the organization.
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Assist in risk management function, including renewal of insurance coverage and company-wide risk and mitigation plans.
• Assist with and understand the impact of the ERP implementation on the accounting for the operations.
• Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
• Challenge existing processes and streamline or develop new ones where appropriate to facilitate future growth of the business while driving value throughout the organization.
• Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in a worldwide ERP system.
• Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
• Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
For immediate consideration please contact directly Steve Fields at 919-787-8226.
Ideal candidate will have:
Financial reporting and GAAP knowledge required.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required.
Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.