Robert Half Credit Manager in GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan
Our client in Grand Rapids is currently seeking a Credit Manager to lead a large team of 5 Credit Specialist.
Essential Functions of the Credit Manager:
• Review new account applications for approval; obtain trade and bank references and credit reports as needed; process within established company turn-around standards.
• Establish credit limits and terms for approved customer accounts.
• Ensure the accounts receivable balances are active and maintained according to current, company standards.
• Achieve desired past-due percentage on receivables by promptly extending collection calls on past due invoices and by adhering to company guidelines for delinquent accounts and accounts with extended credit over their assigned limit.
• Maintain thorough notes on customer accounts to convert credit terms, updates on payment arrangements, or other miscellaneous information.
• Monitor hold screen and make determinations in the release of orders.
• Submit uncollected accounts for collection to outside agencies, legal evaluation, and write-offs.
• Periodically review current net accounts and evaluate terms and credit limits. Direct staff to perform necessary adjustments.
• Ensure that bad debt loss does not exceed the established limit for all forms including bad checks, credit cards, COD, and net accounts.
• Oversee the bad check collection process, credit card operations (loss control, cost-efficient), and ensure the department is meeting company and departmental goals.
• Train, develop, and supervise credit department staff. Monitor staff performance through attendance tracking, performance reviews, coaching, and discipline, as necessary.
• Ensure that credit customers are getting excellent customer service from the credit department. Resolve customer issues.
• Monitor department budget and negotiate contracts and pricing, as necessary.
• Attend meetings and work with local and national credit groups to increase knowledge and experience on company accounts and credit practices.
• Propose and implement ways to improve and increase efficiencies in the department.
• Maintain department statistics including credit information and productivity records.
For immediate consideration for the Credit Manager position please apply within.
Requirements Approve Credit, Banking Credit Analysis, Credit, Change Management, Credit Risk Management, Cash Collections, Collections - Commercial, Collections - Consumer
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.