Robert Half Accounting Manager/Supervisor in GRAND RAPIDS NT, Michigan
Do you have the zest to work for a growing company and thoroughly enjoy the automotive environment? We have an amazing opportunity with a well established growing manufacturing company. Our client is seeking a well rounded Accounting Manager where you'll be making a direct contribution with analyzing the companies financial statements and assisting with month end.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Accounting Manager who can lead and motivate accounting staff members, with a focus on department accuracy and efficiency. The Accounting Manager will delegate, supervise, and participate in accounting department tasks, oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information. The Accounting Manager will lead the accounts receivable and accounts payable departments with two direct reports and total department of 8.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintaining the general ledger system and managing the month end close process
• Preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; assisting with any customer or supplier reporting
• Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Preparation of monthly/weekly borrowing base reporting
• Assistance with interim, year-end, and bank audits
• Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency
• Assisting in weekly processing of disbursements and assisting following up on past due balances with customers
• Hiring, training and supervising accounts payable and receivable teams
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
Solid technical skills
Solid understanding of Analyze Financial Statements
General familiarity with Acquisition Integration
Experience with budget forecasting
Expertise in month end closings
Capital assets experience preferred
Adeptness in cash forecasting
Demonstrated knowledge of inventory analysis
Practical knowledge of Acquisition Integration
Proficiency in fixed assets
4+ years of recent relevant financial experience
Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.