Robert Half International Sr. Mortgage Underwriter in GRAND RAPIDS NT, Michigan
Mortgage Underwriter is highly critical to success of both internal and external customers of the organization. This position is non-exempt, and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Mortgage Underwriter will review residential loan requests and render decisions based on applicable investor guidelines by using sound judgment and adhering to the Bank's loan policy. S/he will also insure that all mortgage files are underwritten and clear to close to meet the time lines of lock expirations, purchase agreement dates or product guideline changes. The Mortgage Underwriter will also be an informational resource for sales managers and will offer practical suggestions to sales and support staff for approving or re-structuring loan files.
• Underwriting mortgage files
• answering inquiries and providing support to Processors and Mortgage Bankers
• Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value)
• Examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines
• Implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews
• Assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines;
• Contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions
• Explain rationale behind credit decision.
• May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback supervisor/manager.
• Prepare declinations to be presented to the Chief Financial Officer for second review
• Prioritizing the loan caseload to meet various deadlines for lock expirations or investors’ guideline changes
• Attending training seminars as required to further job develop job skills
• Other responsibilities may be required, but are not mentioned in this job description
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and compliance policies related to these requirements. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
For immediate consideration for the Mortgage Underwriter position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com
Extensive mortgage underwriting experience which includes but not limited to:
• Experience with income analysis with includes exposure to reviewing Self employment, Corporate, and partnerships tax returns
• Advanced asset analysis and experience working with all types, and experience with layering risk and evaluation.
• Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, including investor guidelines and regulatory updates.
• Ability to handle confidential material in a highly ethical manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess a high degree of attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with clients, customers, and co-workers.
• Time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals.
• Experience in talking with the borrower about loan decisions.
• Must be able to work in a production/flexible environment.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Intermediate PC and keyboarding skills, including experience with Windows operating systems.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 / Yearly
Location: GRAND RAPIDS NT, MI
Date Posted: September 4, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02220-0011466673
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance