Robert Half International Accounting Manager in GREENWICH, Connecticut
Our client in Greenwich is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. The position is open due to growth, and they have lots of perks to offer!
- Manage the work flow, supervise and provide coverage for the accounting staff performing the following daily accounting responsibilities:
- Review bank statements daily and record financed transactions in the accounting records.
- Reconcile bank statements and loan exposures to general ledger.
- Review and enter all accounts payable bills in accounting records and ensure timely payment.
- Review all bank transfers and wire payments to ensure accuracy and validity of wire instructions.
- Review and reconcile bills to deal worksheets and statements from vendors.
- Work closely with finance, trading, operations, and chartering staff to understand commercial transactions.
- Prepare reports from Microsoft Dynamics to support inquiries from traders, finance and operations.
- Perform monthly duties such as journal entries, reconciliations and other analysis to meet month end deadlines.
- Help with audit requests and daily accounting functions as needed.
- Good attention to detail, accurate and precise.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Highly motivated and willing to work hours as necessary, to ensure tight deadlines are adhered to.
- Team Player
- Demonstrates initiative and challenges the status quo.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel).
Please contact [email protected] for immediate consideration
Experience * Three to five years of experience in daily and monthly accounting procedures. * Some supervisory experience preferred.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888-490-5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: GREENWICH, CT
Date Posted: January 10, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00720-0010799548
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting & Finance