Robert Half Senior Accountant in GRIFFITH, Indiana
Description Robert Half is looking for a Senior Accountant for a client in Northwest Indiana. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller. The Senior Accountant has strong accounting acumen and experience in accounting functions for a mid-size entity. Expertise with treasury, intercompany transactions, month-end close, consolidated financial reporting and forward-looking financial analysis. Ensures compliance with company financial policies and procedures at all times. This candidate will have strong initiative and should be a team player with an exceptional attitude, open to change, and driven to work with management to take the company to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong technical accountant with experience preparing timely and accurate financial reporting in compliance with GAAP.
• Assists in managing month-end close process to ensure the accounting team processes accurate and timely journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Prepares US balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statements and oversees preparation of multi-entity consolidation and monthly financial reporting package.
• Manage treasury function monitoring cash flow and revolver usage and providing timely covenant reporting to bank. Prior experience with ABL structure a benefit and prior treasury experience required.
• Experience with multi-entity business structure and comfort with intercompany transactions, accounting entries and related documentation.
• Familiarity with accounting for insurance liability including accrual entries and forecasting cash flow.
• Experience with sales and use and fuel tax a plus.
• Technical savvy with ability to identify opportunities to modernize and build efficiencies in accounting processes. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics implementation a plus.
• Assist in managing audit process working directly with external auditors. Technical knowledge of GAAP with ability to research changes in accounting standards and incorporate into practice.
• Takes a holistic view of company to identify opportunities for process and system improvements to grow profitability.
Skills and Competences:
• Minimum of 5-7 years working for mid-size company with exposure to all aspects of accounting functions
• Strong technical accounting skills and ability to interpret and apply accounting standards.
• Tech-savvy skill-set is key to success in this role, including exposure with ERP systems, financial reporting tools (BI, dashboards), expert Excel skills and experience with reporting system implementation.
• Team player with strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Ability to function as a team player with an exceptional attitude is critical to the success of this position.
• Bachelors in Accounting required and CPA strongly preferred
If interested, please contact Brian Keating at 630-836-7152. Requirements Month End Close, Balance Sheet Reconciliation, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.