Robert Half International Medical Front Desk Specialist in Hackensack, New Jersey
The Medical Receptionist performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties to assist the Medical Provider with providing patients with the highest standards of medical care and a positive customer service experience.
• Greet patient when entering the practice
• Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
• Perform insurance verification on the date of service
• File and maintain medical records
• Confirms and schedule appointments
• Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
• Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
• Perform referral documentation promptly
• Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
• Cooperate with other employees to achieve specific team goals
• All employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Basic computer knowledge
• Customer service experience
• You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
• Knowledge of medical terminology
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.