Robert Half International HR Generalist in HALSEY, Oregon
OfficeTeam is looking for an HR Generalist with outstanding analytical and communication skills to assist our client based in Halsey, OR. The HR Generalist is expected to have fantastic organizational and conflict management skills, excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills, and the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the HR Generalist should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. Top candidates will be comfortable managing grey areas, effective at scheduling and methodical in the recruitment process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with development, implementation and review of company policies, procedures, and employee handbook.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources Manager to develop effective recruitment strategies.
• Administer new employee onboarding and orientation.
• Work with department leaders to assist them with their team, providing continuous guidance and keep communication channels open.
• Benefit Administration Management.
• Assist with review process rollout and tracking.
• Maintain internal training programs as well as ongoing e-learning opportunities.
• Help drive employee wellness and engagement, which includes program development and roll out.
• Respond to HR-related inquiries.
• Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations regarding hiring practices and government regulations.
• HRIS maintenance and management of all employee records.
• Maintain knowledge of best practices in all aspects of HR, including recruiting, retention and systems.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher.
• 2+ years of people experience, in increasingly responsible role.
• Experience with HR and Payroll systems.
• Thorough knowledge of HR-related laws.
• Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization and follow-up skills.
• Creative and out of the box thinking.
• Ability to work accurately with figures and to perform detailed work.
• Must demonstrate ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and tact.
• Ability to work with confidential data.
• Must present a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Comfort with technology and strong ability to learn new systems.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• HR Certification, PHR or SHRM preferred.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.