Robert Half International Accounts Payable Accountant in HANOVER, Maryland
Robert Half is looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant to join a growing manufacturing/distribution organization.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for managing all day-to-day Accounts Payable operations while effectively establishing and implementing department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Successfully establish and implement AP and three-way match processes to maximize discounts, prevents credit holds from suppliers, and avoid penalty charges
• Process timely payments to vendors, perform three-way match, and monitor transactions for compliance and accurate coding to the General ledger
• Ensure payments are properly approved and authorized via internal controls to maximize cash flow for the company
• Manage and reconcile all AP invoices ensuring proper application of freight and duty invoice costs to inventory and paid in conjunction with product receipts
• Develop and document purchasing, inventory costing, and payment cycle processes
• Research and resolve all AP related discrepancies/issues and partner with Buyers or vendors when three-way match fails
• Perform AP and costing reconciliations and month-end closing process
• Assist with physical inventory reconciliations and external audits
• Communicate effectively with vendors and internal departments
• Assist with the implementation and testing of a new ERP system and continuously provide recommendations for process improvements
• Successfully and steadily maintain increased growth within the department which will include the management of all hiring, training, development, and performance management over time
• 5-8 years of Accounts Payable management and three-way match experience
• Inventory/Cost Accounting experience within the manufacturing/distribution industry is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field required
• Prior success establishing and implementing new or improved policies and procedures
• Strong technical skills with ERP system experience and proficiency in Excel; ERP system implementation experience is required
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience successfully building strong relationships and communicating effectively with internal customer service, sales, or warehouse operations departments
• Hands on leader with the ability to drive key results while growing the department
• Analytical mindset with the ability to analyze reports and strategize best practices
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
• High attention to detail, level of accuracy, and organizational skills
• Positive attitude, proactive approach, and a team player mentality
• Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and operate successfully in a fast-paced environment
Competitive salary and benefits package offered; Bonus potential based on set KPI's each quarter; Employee discounts; Hours: 8-5pm with some schedule flexibility and remote capabilities during COVID, but will primarily be reporting into the office.
Qualified candidates should apply or email their resume to Brittany Clark.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 / Yearly
Location: HANOVER, MD
Date Posted: January 4, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02000-0011627816
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance