Robert Half Staff Accountant in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Harrisburg area hospitality company is seeking a staff accountant to join their team. Great growth opportunity with a very good company to work for.
Prepare journal entries, detailed reports, account reconciliations, and perform other accounting functions in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepare or review ledger account reconciliations, including bank accounts, prepaid and other assets, liabilities and credit cards.
· Monitor coding to ensure accuracy.
· Adhere to internal financial controls as directed by the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley narratives, including sales journal verifications, bank, general ledger and subsidiary ledger account reconciliations, revenue testing, and other tests and procedures as required.
· Prepare and/or review general ledger entries and present financial reports on a monthly basis.
· Prepare or assist in the preparation of various schedules and supporting documents as required.
· Assist with other team activities, communicating both verbally and in writing with other team members and property-level associates.
· Comply with attendance rules and be available to work outside established schedule as needed to meet critical deadlines.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.
· Formal training in accounting required.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred.
· Prior hospitality related experience preferred.
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate skills with Excel.
· Ability to exercise judgment in the absence of the controller or assistant controller is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· 1 plus years of experience in accounting required.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.