Robert Half Inventory Analyst in HARVEY, Illinois
Description Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create monthly forecasts based on Customer demand and inventory goals to be used for scheduling operations, purchasing raw materials, controlling inventory levels to budget, and attaining the sales forecast.
• Adjust mid-month production requirements in response to fiscal month sales to obtain budgeted day on hand inventory levels.
• Optimize inventory stocking levels and locations to most effectively service customer demand and reduce freight costs.
• Manage consignments to agent warehouses and RDCs.
• Communicate with customer service regarding product availability for each location.
• Improve availability of stocking products and meeting promise dates on all made to order items (MTO).
• Identify and manage excess & obsolete product
• Review and track all customer back orders by working with procurement to reduce lead times.
• Work cross functionally to complete internal requests and customer expedites.
• Track, report, and analyze performance results to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Review and root cause missed customer orders for implementation of preventative countermeasures.
• Continuously looking for lean opportunities to improve current toolset and streamlining processes
• Creating standard work documents for procedures and responsibilities
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required in business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
• Minimum 3 years of demand or inventory planning experience.
• Proven experience in creating Excel/Database files is required with SQL query building experience preferred
• Proven ability to identify areas for improvement for lean advancement and champion change
• Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with all organizational levels. Must include written and verbal skills.
• APICS certification or Six Sigma/Lean Principles knowledge a plus
• Demonstrated skills in implementing and using formal continuous process improvement techniques.
• Ability to react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
• Experience using an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle or JD Edwards
• Position will require frequent communication with production partners and occasional visits to areas in which designated PPE will be required.
• Position will require sitting and standing.
• Employee may occasionally lift and/or move boxes or equipment Requirements Inventory Analysis, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Purchasing Procurement, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.