Robert Half Federal Government Sales Director in Herndon, Virginia
As technology and cyber security industries continue to explode in the discovery and evolution of services, our client has found their niche in security verifications through a high assurance identity proofing and enrollment for automated, proctored and remotely supervised identity workflows. Having created a highly desirable SaaS product as a patented Trusted Identity Platform allowing for a totally supervised remote in-person proofing mechanism, we are seeking a highly experience Federal Contracting Sales Director (Business Development Director) who can partner closely with other members of senior leadership in spearheading new business analysis, strategic planning and pursual. With a team of Subject Matter Experts and highly trained federal govcon professionals already in place, the ideal Sales Director (Business Development Director) we see must be comfortable in a stand alone position, handling the business development full life cycle, including account management of already obtained contracts. As a Business Development professional in the government contracting space, we are seeking individuals with extensive experience working with the DoD, DoJ, DHA or military related branches and can demonstrate a strong network to leverage as our clients continue to build their name as industry leaders in security and identity verification. Most excitingly, if you are a Federal Government Sales Director (Business Development Director) seeking a company that not only will appreciate your hands on BD and strategic/analytical contributions, but will give you the option to grow, this position would be eligible to management and growing a team of sales professionals un the upcoming years.
What You’ll Do:
• Identify, create, and implement a comprehensive account strategy to develop new business and drive expansion growth with government prospects. Generate a strong pipeline of qualified leads, conduct demos, and close deals
• Scope, negotiate, and close services contracts that exceed all bookings and revenue targets. Take a challenger sales approach to win deals and deliver value for clients
• Establish access and create positive business relationships with key executives and senior-level decision makers (typically CIO, CISO, CSO, and ICAM Director level)
• Apply your knowledge of the cybersecurity industry, market landscape, technology, product, and processes to educate prospective and current clients on the business value of NextgenID’s services
• Collaborate cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Management, Engineering, and Finance) to drive services adoption in target accounts
• Develop relationships with established partners to leverage their account presence and drive new growth and further penetration of NextgenID’s services in the market. Build a referral network and nurture those opportunities
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date account intelligence in MS Dynamics, including regular forecasting of business opportunities to sales and executive leadership
• Travel as necessary for customer meetings, trade shows, and company sponsored events
If interested you can either apply directly, call 571-521-3036, or reach out to Leila Hermes on LinkedIn with your resume and refer to this specific search!
• At least 10 years of experience selling enterprise services, directly and/or through key, strategic partners within federal agencies (DoD, DoJ, or other related federal agencies and military branches)
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• Consistently exceeded assigned sales quota as an individual contributor, closing large services and solution deals across multiple US Federal Government departments
• Preferably either worked in the Security, Privacy or Identity Management space at a US Federal Department/Agency or have sold identity centric services to multiple US Federal Departments/Agencies. Would love to see an extensive rolodex of current contacts within the US Federal Government that you can utilize to rapidly develop a robust pipeline
• Deep understanding of Federal channel partners and a channel centric go to market approach.
• Significant experience developing, maintaining, and executing against a wide variety of government contract vehicles, including GSA schedules, IDIQ’s, etc.
• Previous experience selling for a small, aggressive business, start-up experience highly preferred.
• A demonstrated passion for the identity space, you are excited about the prospect of selling this solution to every Federal Department and you are accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
• Excellent math, writing, communication, and customer service skills
• An ability to take initiative and perform independent problem solving; be resourceful, prioritize, and organize daily activities; attention to detail is a must
• The ability to work under pressure, against tight deadlines; assertiveness is a must
If interested, please apply directly or reach out to Leila Hermes on LinkedIn with your resume and refer to this specific search!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.