Robert Half Sr. Accountant in Herndon, Virginia
My client is a large Real Estate Investment Trust looking to add to their accounting staff, due to massive growth on their end. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accounting around both the operations and development entities within the organization. This position reports to the GL Manager and will have a hybrid work schedule once their offices officially reopen.
Senior Accountant - Primary Responsibilities
• Record in the accounting system (NetSuite) newly acquired fixed assets/intangible assets and those disposed.
• Analyze fixed asset and assists with capital vs. expense decisions.
• Perform monthly close procedures and assist with GL reconciliations.
• Record and amortize prepaid expenses.
• Record monthly depreciation and amortization expense.
• Reconcile the fixed asset register to the general ledger.
• Perform asset retirement obligation calculations for ARO applicable assets.
• Carry out periodic reviews on intangible assets’ impairment.
• Play a key role in problem resolution, process improvement and automation of asset-related and procurement-related processes.
• Assist with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis.
• Assist with annual financial audit.
• Provide research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Coordinate accounting-related matters with other departments and locations.
Senior Accountant - Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong and effective team player in working with various disciplines and peer groups; can cover all gamut of tasks required to ‘getting a job done’ while maintaining superb attention to details.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Commitment to organizational excellence and constant awareness to seek opportunities to improve processes/quality of deliverables.
• Superb ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities.
Senior Accountant - Experience/Education
• 3+ years of related accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
If you have interests in this role please respond by reaching out to me via LinkedIn - Ty Smith
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.