Robert Half Data Scientist in Hicksville, New York
The Principal Data Scientist is the highest level technical expert on the team. This key role is responsible for driving the client’s largest data science/machine learning challenges, turning business requests and creative ideas that do not have an obvious blueprint into scalable modeling solutions that run in real-time. This is a high level individual-contributor role focused on research, design and implementation of novel approaches and techniques that cut across the organization’s entire stack. The Principal Data Scientist is a critical role in ensuring the reliability and quality of the data and analytics platform which are key measurements for success.
• Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
• Leads engagements with key business stakeholders in discussions on business strategies and opportunities.
• Leads statistical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
• Leads and maintains organizational practices in version control, software development and configuration management, including key performance indicators for the delivery of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms.
• Applies in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
• Drives technical innovation through active research and applications of new theories, techniques, and technologies.
• Leads research and development of machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions from ideation to implementation to product.
• Anticipates and solves strategic and high-risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
• Partners with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver products.
• Motivates and mentors team members and probes into technical details, and coaches others to do the same.
• Evangelizes the Data Science group via presentation(s) at significant industry annual conferences.
What You'll Need
• Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline equivalent combination of education and experience; PhD degree preferred
• 8+ years of experience in research & development, with substantial time spent both in an academic setting and within industry or a research-lab type of environment.
• History of coming up with innovative and creative quantitative solutions, demonstrated through practical business impact and/or publications.
• Deep understanding of Machine Learning & Deep Learning algorithms & languages Requirements Data Science, Machine Learning, Machine Learning Algorithms, Deep Learning, Algorithm Development, Algorithm Development, Quantitative Data Analysis, Predictive Analytics, Predictive Modeling, Develop Predictive Models, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Mathematical Statistics
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.