Robert Half Director of Technical Accounting in HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois
To apply for this Director of Technical Accounting role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (email@example.com). In the subject line, type "Director of Technical Accounting role"
· Be the subject matter expert on technical accounting matters impacting the NA segment
· Partner closely with finance and business teams on Revenue Recognition matters relating to complex transactions and new business initiatives
· Review significant contracts and other legal documents to evaluate accounting consequences
· Perform accounting research and provide analysis and conclusions on technical accounting matters to senior leadership and prepare technical accounting memos to document conclusions
· Work closely with external auditors to address accounting for significant transactions
· Contribute to the preparation of external financial reports
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· 8+ years of accounting experience, including Big 4 or regional firm experience, with recent technical accounting (US GAAP) and SEC reporting experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required or equivalent in education and experience, CPA required
· Strong aptitude to understand technical accounting concepts under US GAAP (specifically ASC 606 - Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 - Lease Accounting) and help ensure appropriate application of accounting decisions
· Strong understanding of internal controls and financial reporting
· Exposure to SaaS industry is beneficial but not required
· Possess well-rounded business judgment to recognize and respond to cross-departmental needs
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.