Robert Half International Director of Technical Accounting in HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois
To apply for this Director of Technical Accounting role, email your resume to John Sadofsky (email@example.com). In the subject line, type "Director of Technical Accounting role"
· Be the subject matter expert on technical accounting matters impacting the NA segment
· Partner closely with finance and business teams on Revenue Recognition matters relating to complex transactions and new business initiatives
· Review significant contracts and other legal documents to evaluate accounting consequences
· Perform accounting research and provide analysis and conclusions on technical accounting matters to senior leadership and prepare technical accounting memos to document conclusions
· Work closely with external auditors to address accounting for significant transactions
· Contribute to the preparation of external financial reports
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· 8+ years of accounting experience, including Big 4 or regional firm experience, with recent technical accounting (US GAAP) and SEC reporting experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required or equivalent in education and experience, CPA required
· Strong aptitude to understand technical accounting concepts under US GAAP (specifically ASC 606 - Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 - Lease Accounting) and help ensure appropriate application of accounting decisions
· Strong understanding of internal controls and financial reporting
· Exposure to SaaS industry is beneficial but not required
· Possess well-rounded business judgment to recognize and respond to cross-departmental needs
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.