Robert Half International Help Desk Analyst II in HOMER, Michigan
We are looking for a contract-to-fulltime IT Support Specialist in the Homer, MI area. This is an onsite role that will pay up to $30/hr DOE. Typical job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide on-site and remote end user and server support
• Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using prescribed checklists
• Perform end user support as it relates to desktop, server and Mobile communication technologies.
• Perform Basic network diagnostics and repairs.
• Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of client’s network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by any member of the Service Delivery Team.
• Project Deployment – You will at times work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones to ensure the successful deployment of I.T. projects for our clients
• Timely escalation of issues that prevents you from performing the above job function
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
• Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Minimum Office 2007, Office 2010 and above preferred
• Basic understanding of and practical entry level Support experience of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco ASA and/or SonicWall NexGen models highly preferred).
• Basic understanding of and practical support experience of Server Mobile messaging technologies including Blackberry Enterprise Server and Active Sync
• Basic understanding of and practical administration experience of Backup processes, software and hardware
• Basic understanding of WLAN, security concepts
• Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• Basic understanding of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching
• Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets..
• Must be able to work independently as well as within a team
• Must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support using a variety of remote support tools
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.