Robert Half International Reverse Mortgage DE Underwriter in HORSHAM, Pennsylvania
Dynamic Growing National Mortgage Organization seeking a Reverse Mortgage DE Underwriter for their growing Wholesale Organization
Evaluate and analyze all loan packages including credit and collateral documentation to ensure investment quality loan product and seek feedback from appraisal department on any questionable collateral
• In partnership with loan originators, work to assist in structuring loans to ensure salability of package.
• Check accuracy of all calculations and analyze income utilizing personal and/or corporate tax returns of all borrowers
• Consult with processing and funding department(s) to ensure all underwriting conditions are met prior to loan closing
• Assist with curing deficiencies in loan files as a result of failure to meet investor, FHA, VA, repurchase and/or Company guidelines
• Maintain accuracy and competency in utilizing the Company’s system of record for automated underwriting of loan files
• Utilize and comply with all automated underwriting certifications for any loans approved in system
• Communicate loan decisions both verbally and in writing in format approved by Company
• Exercise discretion and utilize exceptional analytical abilities to detect discrepancies in documentation and/or information in order to protect Company from fraudulent practices
• Responsible for prudent and timely underwriting of loans in accordance with Company and investor guidelines by ensuring that Company turn times are met and/or exceeded
• Sign off on conditions in accordance with policies and procedures as set by credit officer
• May perform appraisal reviews and work closely with in house appraisal staff to perform secondary/desk reviews
• Respond timely to all audits and maintain acceptable post funding audit results within specific tolerance levels
• Regularly attend and participate in departmental meetings
• Remain up to date and informed on all government regulations and requirements as well as Company guidelines and overlays
• Work closely with underwriting management to resolve questions/issues
• Escalate issues within the Company prescribed process
• Follow the Company standards for delivery of integrity, client focus, teamwork and respect for each individual in every interaction.
• Exhibit observable sense of urgency in the execution of all job functions and duties.
• Meet or exceed levels of Customer Service delivery established by the Company
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• Prior experience working with automated Loan Origination/Underwriting Systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 / Yearly
Location: HORSHAM, PA
Date Posted: January 22, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00420-0011532274
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance