Robert Half International Accounting Coordinator in Houston, Texas
Our client, a nonprofit organization in Downtown Houston, is seeking an Accounting Coordinator with nonprofit accounting experience to join their team on a contract to full time basis. Must have recent accounting experience in the nonprofit, government or municipality industries. You will be responsible for billing government grants including grants with third party sub-recipients. This position will be on a remote basis for the foreseeable future, with a few days per week of in office training during the first few weeks. If you have grant accounting, sub-recipient billing or nonprofit accounting experience, please apply today!
• Creates and maintains a master file of all government grants including reporting dates, documentation requirements and budget allocations.
• Responsible for the preparation of reports to comply with grant requirements. Works jointly with program and compliance staff to coordinate program and financial reporting.
• Responsible for agency interface with sub-recipient agency personnel.
• Processes monthly billing requests including the maintenance of internal accounting software reports, reviewing sub-recipient invoices and details for inclusion, preparing all backup documentation for submission and filing, updating master spreadsheet summary, matching tracking and documentation by contract and organization-wide, delivering billings to grantor prior to deadlines for reimbursement.
• Maintains current and historical files for all grants/contracts.
• Performs monthly analysis of budget vs actual.
• Assists in grant reporting and analysis.
• Assists in monthly, quarterly and/or annually grant reporting.
• Provides support during annual audit with special emphasis on providing documentation needed for the single audit
Must have recent accounting experience in the nonprofit, government or municipality industries
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $20.00 - $24.00 / Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: February 18, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04170-0011698865
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance