Robert Half Accounts Receivable Manager in Houston, Texas
The ideal Accounting Clerk should have experience with matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry, and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). The Accounting Clerk should have knowledge of many aspects of accounting. This opportunity offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Role & Responsibilities
· Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
· Support accounts receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash, help with collection of past due balances
· General accounting and administration support: help with G/L, account reconciliation, month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
· Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
· Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts
· Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
· Utilizing V-Lookups and Pivot Tables in a recent version of Excel.
This Position requires:
· 5+ years of experience in accounting
· Experience working in a large ERP systems
· Strong Microsoft Excel Skills (Pivot Tables and V-Lookups)
· A diverse background and a willingness to learn
· Technical knowledge and experience working in large accounting packages
· A willingness to adapt to different environments and situations
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.