Robert Half International Assistant Controller in Houston, Texas
Description A growing construction related firm located in Northwest Houston is adding an Assistant Controller to their team. The Assistant Controller is responsible for the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices and to assist in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasts, annual audits. This position requires a detail oriented and organized individual who can thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Oversee and manage all accounting employees. (4 direct reports)
• Develop accounting staff by designing and coordinating training
• Ensure that segregation of duties is met and is being followed
• Perform month end closing procedures
• Project accounting using the Percent of Completion method
• Prepare and review journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
• Ensure timely submission of all monthly draws and payment of discounts
• Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
• Participate in preparation for the annual audit
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
• Assist with regulatory reporting requirements
• Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
• Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
Ideal candidate will have
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 5 + years of progressively responsible experience, performing accounting functions in a corporate environment including at least 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role overseeing and developing an accounting team.
• Experience in a Construction environment
• Experience with Dynamics 365 (Great Plains/Business Central) is REQUIRED
• Knowledge of Percent of Completion (POC) Accounting Method is REQUIRED
• Thorough understanding of GAAP and ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
• Basic understanding of GAAS (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards)
• Advanced Excel
Compensation is up to 95K plus bonus.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
Relevant accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
Significant experience in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
CPA an added bonus
Construction project accounting experience REQUIRED
Dynamics GP experience REQUIRED
Job Cost experience
Month end closings experience required
The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.