Robert Half Back End Developer in Houston, Texas
We are looking for a Senior level Backend Engineer to work with our team on a contract basis. Top priority is troubleshooting and resolving live site issues, but you’ll also have the opportunity to work on core infrastructure to help us improve our service and accelerate our roadmap.
Our platform technologies include:
Backend: Heroku, PostgresQL and Firebase
Language and Frameworks: Java with Spring, Ruby and Angular
Data: BigQuery, FiveTran and Looker
We are looking for a unique individual that has lots of experience in the technologies above, the most important being Postgres, Java with Spring and BigQuery. We are looking for someone who excels with getting up to speed quickly, can dive in deep into details and manage ambiguity well.
● 10+ years in backend and platform engineering
● Deploying and maintaining services on Heroku and AWS
● Adept at writing, deploying and maintaining code in Java and Spring
● Strong understanding of SQL and other associated databases, and Agile frameworks, is a plus
● Past experience and demonstrated prowess at ramping up quickly to existing platforms and services with minimal documentation
● Remote work is required, and must be willing able to overlap work hours at least 4 hours 9-5pm PDT
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.