Robert Half International Big Data Engineer in Houston, Texas
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ‘big data’ technologies and tools.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and availability regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, with a Graduate degree or related experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Experience using the following software/tools:
o Experience with big data tools: Kafka (primary), Dremio (primary), Spark, etc.
o Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, TimescaleDB, etc.
o Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow (primary), Kubeflow (primary), Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
o Experience and competency in AWS services: EC2, S3, EFS, EMR, RDS, etc.
o Familiarity with Azure: ADLS, Databricks, SQL DW, Analysis Services
o Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka (primary), Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and curated data queries.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and data lakes.
Must be eligible to work in US without sponsorship
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $55.00 - $60.00 / Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: October 10, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04130-9502719930
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT