Robert Half International Big Data Engineer in Houston, Texas
As a Data Engineer you will develop and maintain scalable data pipelines while collaborating with analytical and business teams to improve data models. Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it. Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work. Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues. Defines company data assets (data models), and other jobs to populate data models and designs data integrations and data quality framework. Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
• Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science) and 4+ years of professional experience.
• At least 4 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
• Strong experience with products or similar products like Apache Spark, Big Data
• Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
• Empower and assist operation and product teams through building key data sets and data-based recommendations
• Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework
• Superb SQL programming skill with understanding of ETL tools and database architecture.
• Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts. Experience with Python is highly preferred but not required.
For confidential searches, please send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scala, Python, Apache Spark
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: January 7, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04130-0011384464
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT