Robert Half Corporate Controller in Houston, Texas
For immediate confidential consideration, see Edward Welch Linked In profile for contact information.
Robert Half is searching for a determined Controller who is eager to contribute their skill to a distinguished Manufacturing company. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for the corporate accounting functions of the company including consolidation of periodic financial reports, maintenance of system of accounting records, comprehensive accounting controls and annual audit and tax. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for the consolidation of annual budgets and other periodic financial forecasts. This position is also responsible for overseeing corporate treasury and bank compliance reporting.
• Responsible for the monthly financial reports, forecasts, and yearly budget
• Responsible for the treasury function including line of credit with banks and cash management
• Manage the weekly cash forecasts with portfolio companies to keep management informed regarding working capital
• Primary point of contact with bank including monthly bank reporting, borrowing base, financials, and yearly audits
• Manage the general ledger of the company including account reconciliations, account structure and accurate and supported general ledger transactions
• Manage annual audit with outside auditor including field work and issuance of annual report
• Create and communicate monthly financial reports, including variance comments, which provide value and assist in the achievement of budget and highlighting of issues and potential future variances
• Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual sales and use tax reports for applicable states and oversee property tax payments
• Responsible for gathering of data for annual commercial insurance renewal
4-year degree in Accounting combined with a, CPA and 5-7 years of accounting experience in a job cost manufacturing environment.
Financial Statement consolidation experience as this position will roll up multiple entities into consolidated financial statements for internal financial reporting.
Debt covenant reporting experience.
Excellent Excel skills and solid working knowledge with other Microsoft Office applications Experience with ERP system and ability to learn, understand and follow related system transactions.
Desire to learn report writing in ERP system through the support and guidance of consultants. Systems implementation experience is a huge plus!
Detail oriented, organized, and strict adherence to schedules
Requires minimal supervision while possessing excellent supervisory skills to lead the financial team to the highest level of excellence.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.