Robert Half Desktop Support Technician in Houston, Texas
Robert Half Technology is looking for a desktop support technician with the ability to present complex technical information to non-technical users in an understandable and concise format. If you're a self-motivated problem solver who loves to work in a dynamic and positive environment, this may be the role for you.
What you get to do every single day
· Provide computer desktop support to local & remote locations in accordance with established policies and procedures
· Maintain, analyze, and fix computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals
· Coordinate hardware repairs with the appropriate vendors
· Provide support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
· Ensures the integrity of all electronic data records by following company quality standards
· Track equipment inventory and collaborate on potential purchases
· Own and execute technology implementation projects
· Resolve computer problems, and advise/implement appropriate action/solutions
· Communicate regularly and effectively with ticket submitters
· Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities
What you bring to the role
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technical degree preferred
· 2-4 years related experience
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedure manuals
About Robert Half Technology
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
It's a simple but powerful truth. Innovation starts with people, and people start with us.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.