Robert Half International FP&A Analyst in Houston, Texas
Description A non- profit charter school located in Southwest Houston is seeking an FP& A Analyst. The FP& A Analyst is responsible for performing various budget analyses and forecasting to ensure that the organization makes wise financial decisions and uses funding appropriately, flagging discrepancies for the Managing Director of FP& A. The FP& A Analyst will have extensive interaction with the executive team and play a major role in developing budgets, supporting FP& A process implementation, and serving as the gatekeeper for the financial software. The Finance team celebrates understanding the big picture, and this role will balance deep financial analysis with evaluating organizational KPIs.
• Have advanced analytical ability to perform detailed variance analysis; the FP& A Analyst must be able to zoom into the details and zoom out to see the overall impact to the organization
• Perform ad-hoc financial analysis focused on current and future year budgets; these projects will be time-sensitive and require quick turnarounds so that the regional leadership team can make decisions
• Work with budget owners to provide ongoing data analysis, variance updates, and projections, ensuring appropriate monitoring and controls, while supporting prudent budget decisions
• Provide training and ensure ongoing availability to answer budget owners’ questions on individual budgets, financial systems, and financial policies
• Assist in the monthly/quarterly/annual reviews and analyses of financial reports for accuracy and budget variance
• Participate in the facilitation and maintenance of the annual budget process
• Travel to the various campuses and properties, as needed
• Ad hoc reporting and modeling requested by the Managing Director of FP& A, as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
• 3+ years of work experience in FP& A- including budget, forecast, variance analysis
• Strong self-initiative and time management skills, with the ability to complete multiple financial analysis projects in a short and compressed time window
• Positive and professional demeanor, with high level of self-confidence
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work with various working styles and different personality types at all levels of management
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and strong PowerPoint skills
Experience in a non-profit is highly valued.
Compensation is 70K plus bonus. Full benefit plan includes 20 days of vacation plus 24 school holidays.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
-Experience with non- profit organization a plus
Firm understanding of problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
Command of Annual Operating Budget
Annual Budget experience desired
Budget forecasting experience
Experience with variance analysis
Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Excel
Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement
Familiar with Spreadsheet and ERP system
3+ years of experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.