Robert Half International PC Technician in HOUSTON, Texas
General: The Small Systems Technician will work with Business, Engineering & IT team members to perform system setup, maintenance and tuning of small systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Engineering and IT teams to support the small systems & equipment & Projects.
• Monitor and tune new and existing small systems using microsystems software.
• Build Raspberry Pi startup disk.
• Setup, configure and tune Raspberry Pi kiosks.
• Maintain Raspberry Pi software and supporting systems using RP UI and PC software.
• Install and support communications software.
• Set up Cradlepoint routers for nationwide deployment.
• Work with VAR on setup and deployment of windows server.
• Configure, maintain & tune Wi-Fi networks.
• Replace kiosk sensors, motors, OS & general hardware.
• Configure IOS / Android tablets/iPads/Samsung Galaxy iPads.
• Install and configure iPads/ Android Samsung Galaxy tablets & systems hardware replacements.
• Support business users.
• Trouble shoot kiosk, Wi-Fi and tablet issues.
• Perform daily reporting of system status, issues and resolutions.
• Perform daily upgrades based on best practice.
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Technical degree or related certifications preferred.
• 2+ years of related field experience
• 2+ years of electrical or mechanical equipment repair, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
• 2+ years of computer operations and maintenance experience: must be able to troubleshoot, load and configure software, handle component and peripheral replacements and troubleshoot, connect and configure network connections
• 1+ years of experience in a customer facing position
• Experience with microsystems (PC’s, Windows, Windows Server, Raspberry PI).
• Experience supporting kiosk or similar type systems.
• Experience replacing small motors, sensors and operating systems.
Skills & Abilities:
• Strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to use MS Office and web-based software applications, high level of literacy with Windows Operating Systems
• Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with others
• Ability to work a rotating schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Lift and carry 50 lbs. frequently throughout the workday
• Bend, kneel, push, pull and stand on a regular basis throughout the workday
• Work in indoor and outdoor environments with varying weather elements
• Travel required, both locally and out of state
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: HOUSTON, TX
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04340-0011701328
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT