Robert Half Programmer Analyst in Houston, Texas
Robert Half Technology is looking for a programmer analyst who combines a real passion for formulating and defining systems scope and objectives with an understanding of software and applications programming and industry requirements. Through research and fact-finding, you'd make recommendations for developing or modifying applications or databases.
What you get to do every single day
· Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation. Writes test cases and expected results. Reviews results for conformance to requirements. May plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
· Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
· Acts as the in-house guide on applications, systems and/or processes to internal clients in identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Consultation can take the form of trouble shooting and/or education
· Provides ongoing training and assistance for end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
· Analyzes processing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements
· Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
· Analyzes and documents issues. Works with other programmers to correct code problems
· Assists in the developing communication content for specific system changes being implemented in production
What you bring to the role
· Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
· Comprehensive understanding of programming languages
· Strong project planning and management tasks, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
· Strong oral and written skills
· Knowledge of PC and mainframe hardware/software
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.