Robert Half International Property Accountant in HOUSTON, Texas
• Perform detailed monthly reviews of property revenue and expenses and make corrections and adjustments as needed.
• Analyze trends, budgets and invoices to determine accuracy of accruals and expense classifications.
o Prepare proper adjustment and
o Communicate adjustment to VP-Controller and the appropriate property manager or regional property manager.
• Compile and enter routine monthly general ledger entries including import of accounts receivable date and entry of standard accruals/amortizations for taxes and insurance into general ledger system.
• Prepare income and expense accruals for the monthly financial for the assigned portfolio and submit preliminary financials for reviews by relevant parties within accounting calendar deadlines.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliation for assigned portfolio.
• Update standard accounting schedules for assigned properties, including but not limited to detailed balance sheet reconciliations and fixed asset schedules.
• Maintain owner specific reconciliations and accounting reports for assigned portfolio as needed.
• Maintain strict adherence to all due dates and deadlines.
• Audit assigned portfolios, AR/AP and other accounting data and communicate any discrepancies to VP-Controller.
• Assist controller with audit tasks by providing explanations and/or supporting documents as requested for completed financials, accruals, expenses and/or revenue items.
• Provide support to other accountants and department as needed.
• Other tasks assigned by VP-Controller or SVP Accounting & Administration, not previously listed as essential job functions.
Ability to apply and convey generally accepted accounting principles.
Strong customer service, organizational and verbal skills.
Ability to work well with people.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: HOUSTON, TX
Date Posted: September 16, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04040-0011418605
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance